Tuesday, March 25, 2014

AFRICA

This past weekend we traveled to Morocco and spent time in Tangier, Tetouan, and Chefchaouen. It was a great experience. Although VERY different than Spain or any other place I have been, I really enjoyed the weekend. We walked around a lot and took a lot of pictures. The houses are painted very cool colors, mostly shades of blue and green. The colors keep the bugs away and also the blue was painted by the jews and the green by the muslims. The colors represent different things like fertility. It was very interesting to learn about the culture and what life is like in Morocco.

On Saturday morning, the prayer calls woke me up at 4 something in the morning and were repeated at 5, so I had trouble sleeping that night. Since Morocco is a muslim country, the prayer calls remind muslims to pray 5 times a day. However, as I learned over the weekend, there are not only 5 calls. In addition, there are reminder calls for some of the times. I found this part of my experience very interesting and very different. I feel like my experience really broadened my view of the world.

We rode camels on Sunday and that was definitely my favorite part of the trip!








No comments:

Post a Comment