Tuesday, April 8, 2014

4/8/14

I cannot believe I only have 17 days left in this incredible place. The past few weeks have been great. Although rainy last week, the weather this week could not be better! It has been in the 70s and 80s with clear blue skies & great weather makes everything more fun!

This past weekend Tina and I went to Triana to look for ceramics and we found a ton! Triana has a whole street of ceramic shops and they are super cool. I bought two really pretty hand painted mugs and salt and pepper shakers with really pretty flowers painted on them for my family. I plan to go back and get more ceramics before I go home because they will be great reminders of Sevilla and they are really pretty! We enjoyed sitting by the river in the evening and enjoying the sunset. The weather was amazing. I was able to go without a jacket for the first time since I have been here in Sevilla, which was wonderful. It is finally shorts weather!!

I have been spending a lot of time in the last week writing papers and creating presentations since this is my last week of classes, so all my papers and presentations are due this week. I am so happy to say I am finished with all my work now and only have exams to worry about, but they are two weeks away, so I have time. Next Monday, we leave for Paris! I am so excited to go see the Eiffel Tower! I cannot wait to explore the gorgeous city and eat some macaroons, while I am there! Next week is also Semana Santa, which is huge here in Sevilla. There are processions through the streets and lots of crowds. I am not a hugs fan of crowds, so I am glad I will not be here in Sevilla the whole week. I will be back Wednesday to experience a few days of the week. I am excited to see what it is all about!

This past Monday was my last week volunteering at Padres Blancos. I had a great experience there and will definitely stay in contact with the teacher I helped. She was very nice and always so welcoming. The students were great and I was so happy I was able to help them lean english and they could practice speaking with me to better understand the American accent. I really feel like my presence there made a difference and I will miss volunteering there.

It has been an amazing semester here in Sevilla and I am loving every second here, but I really do miss all my family and friends and cannot wait to see everyone in just a little over two weeks!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment